Welcome Optimist members to our Centennial 2018-19 year. I hope you as Optimist members, Presidents, Lt Governors and Committee Chairs are ready and excited for sponsoring new members, helping with club projects, going to club meetings and attending District meetings. The best part of being an Optimist is serving our KIDS. Kentucky-West Virginia Optimist District members are the BEST at Bringing out the Best in Kids.
A special thank you to Past-Governor Denise Haynes for sharing and showing me how to bring out more optimism in myself. It has been a pleasure working together and she will be a guidance to me this year.
Welcome to our Governor-Elect Beth Kerns of Charleston, WV. She has been a asset to the District since she became a Optimist. Beth is a friend and I look forward to the optimism of working together.
I look forward to visiting clubs and helping with your projects. As a Governor I need your help and I would like for you to know that I am here for you.
As optimists we need to support the Kentucky-West Virginia District by attending the Optimist International Convention in Louisville at the Galt House June 30- July 3 2019. If you have never attended this is the year to do so.
Goals for 2018-19
- Supporting Clubs and District
- Helping more Clubs to be Honor or Distinguished
- Having Clubs to have Centennial Recognition
- To oversee that OI and District dues are paid in a timely manner
- Remind clubs to set goals that deadlines are met
- Build 5 new clubs in our District
- Membership be 100 +
- Build 2 JOI Clubs
- Reach goals with donations for Childhood Wellness and OI Foundation
- Guide Lt Governors in serving their Zones
- To serve our Kentucky-West Virginia District proudly.
Governor Jean Glore Smith