Governor Denise Haynes
Optimists of the Kentucky/ West Virginia District
As members of the Kentucky / West Virginia Optimist District, we are devoted to BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN KIDS, in OURSELVES, and in our COMMUNITY. Every day, together, we get the honor and privilege to make the promises of the Optimist Creed become a reality. I want to invite you, and I challenge myself, to a renewed commitment to spread the philosophy of the Optimist Creed in our lives and as we serve the community together. If we make a renewed commitment to attend our District meetings, for fellowship, fun, information and service – we will become OPTIMIST STRONG. If we will renew our commitment to serve our District and club events – we will become OPTIMIST STRONG. If each member would commit to bring in ONE new member – we will become OPTIMIST STRONG. We need to be dedicated to making our community, our youth, and even ourselves better than we were! With this renewed commitment, we will become OPTIMIST STRONG!
I want to thank Governor Gene Blanchet for leading us this past year and for being my mentor. I appreciate all you have done for me and I am so proud of the ground work you have set for my upcoming year. I know you will continue to work hard for this District and it means so much to me to have your support.
Congratulations to Jean Smith for her election into the office of Governor-Elect! Your knowledge and experience, as an Optimist, is an asset and blessing to me. I am honored to be able to work with you and I know together we will lead this team through a great, OPTIMIST STRONG, year.
As part of Optimist International President Nick Prillaman’s training, he asked that each Governor develop an Action Plan. I would like to share just the ending that summarizes my goals.
Overall Year-end Goals:
- Membership to be net +40 by Oct 1 2018
- New Club Building, to have minimum 2 new Clubs by Oct 1, 2018
- Build minimum of 2 new JOI clubs within the District
- To have a record number of “Bringing out the Best Clubs in our District
- To have a record number of Honor Clubs in our District
- To have a record number of Distinguished Clubs in our District
- Assist the DFR to raise in excess of $7,500 in OIF unrestricted gifts
- Increase the submission average of President’s Pride to 75%
- With help of District Secretary/Treasurer, ensure all Clubs have paid all financial obligations to Optimist International and District
- With help of District Secretary/Treasurer, ensure all reports are filed to Optimist International on time
- To obtain Distinguished District recognition
With the help of Governor-Elect Jean, our Lieutenant Governors, our Committee Chairs, and our members, I believe we can achieve these goals. I look forward to serving you as Governor and will do my best to make you all proud. Please know you can contact me anytime, I may not always answer right away, but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I value your opinions, suggestions, and concerns. We are a family and together we will be OPTIMIST STRONG!
Denise Haynes, Governor